Get creative with weekly writing prompt ideas
Well, we were excited to see how our last prompt post was received by a lot of you. It seems like prompts were liked so much that Freckles and Lemonade has decided this will become a weekly thing. On to the prompts and back to business.
18 Creative Writing Prompts
- Write about a character trying to heal from a traumatic event.
- Set your story in the future where there are no rules.
- Write a story in which miracles happen.
- What color represents you?
- Write about an epiphany.
- Write about the ideal you.
- A nuclear bomb has destroyed Earth, create a new world from your view.
- You discover your entire life is a complete lie. What happens next?
- Write a character who keeps ending up in the same place.
- Write about a character who wakes up in their past life or as a future themself.
- Write about someone who doesn’t remember their past.
- The day was just beginning and the birds were out singing_____
- Write about a post-apocalyptic thriller.
- You are at the beach and find mysterious footprints in the sand. Follow the footprints.
- I probably shouldn’t be telling you this but____
- Write a story about a character who woke up in a stranger’s home.
- Write about black glasses, purple hair, and polka dot shoes.
- Write a story about your character seeing butterflies.
Here you go! 18 creative writing prompts to get the creative side in you going!