It’s no secret that our bedrooms should be a haven of serenity and relaxation. But sometimes it can be hard to achieve that feeling when our space is cluttered, dark or feels outdated. If you’re looking to brighten and turn your bedroom into a peaceful oasis, here are some ideas for making a brighter space and a relaxing calming atmosphere..
First and foremost, declutter your room! This may seem like an obvious first step, but it’s important to get rid of anything in your that is pulling on focus or that isn’t contributing to the calm atmosphere you’re trying to create. You will also notice it will brighten up your space as well. Once everything is cleared out, you can starting thinking about how to best arrange the furniture in your room. (Don’t worry i’ll wait). Once we get the clutter cleared then we can proceed to the fun part!
Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link.
DECLUTTER AND PREP
DECLUTTER YOUR BEDROOM
LIKE OUR BLOG POST? LET’S CELEBRATE BUY ME A LEMONADE. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGER. WANNA SUPPORT CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND LET’S HAVE SOME LEMONADE 🍋
THE BASICS-WHAT IS DECORATION AND WHY WE DO IT
Decorating is all about creating a certain atmosphere or feeling in your home. it’s about taking the everyday, mundane things in your life and making them special.
Whether it’s adding a few Throw pillows to your couch or actually painting your walls, decorating is a great way to show off your personality and make your space feel like YOUR space.
One of the most fun aspects of decorating is that you can let your creativity run wild. There are no rules saying you have to match this with that or do things a certain way. You can truly make your home unique by mixing and matching different styles and elements that you love. If you’re not sure where to start, we suggest taking a look at our blog post to grab some inspiration and get started decorating.
Before anyone can even think about picking put furnishings or paint colors, they need to make sure they have the essential tools needed to get the job done.
There are a few tools that every decorator should have in their arsenal, regardless of style:
- A tape measure. This crucial for ensuring that furniture and accents will fit properly in the space.
- A level. This is important for making sure that everything is hung straight and looks deliberate (rather than sloppy)
- Paint samples. Whether you’re choosing paint for the walls or fabrics for the upholstery, having actual swatches to compare in the space will help you make the best decisions
- A hammer and screwdriver. You will need these when wither putting furniture together or taking things apart
DIFFERENT STYLE DESIGNS TO BRIGHTEN ANY BEDROOM
There are endless styles of interior design, but some of the most popular include modern, minimalist, traditional,rustic,and eclectic.
Modern design is sleek and often uses neutral colors with clean lines. Minimalist design is similar to modern but typically has even fewer accessories and furniture. Traditional design is based on historical designs and often features intricate details and lots of color.
Rustic design gives a homes cozy feel with natural material like wood or stone. And eclectic designs combines different styles to create a one of kind look.
CHOOSE A STYLE THAT BRIGHTENS YOUR ATMOSPHERE
ECLECTIC BEDROOM DESIGN
PUTTING YOUR STYLE TOGETHER
START WITH THE BASICS
- Start witht the basics. Choose a color scheme that you love and that makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. Once you have your colors picked out, you can begin to select furniture and decor items that fit within that scheme.
- Choose a focal point for the room. This could be anything from a beautiful piece of artwork to an amazing view out the window. Once you have your focal point then your ready to start decorating.
I like to start with the bed. The bed is the focal point of any bedroom, so it’s important to choose one that reflects your personal style. Do you prefer clean line and simplicity? Or maybe something more whimsical and fun? Once you’ve selected the perfect bed, the rest of the room will come together with ease.
BED FOCAL POINT INSPIRATION
When it comes to design, your bedroom should be a reflection of your personal style. But , if you’re not sure where to start when it comes to putting your design together, don’t fret! START WITH THE BED AS YOUR FOCAL POINT!
It’s important to choose pieces that have common design elements to make the space look pulled together. You might want to consider using a color scheme, selecting furniture and decor with similar shapes or choosing materials that match.
A well executed design plan can make all the difference when it comes to creating a cohesive look in your bedroom. By following these simple tips, you can take your bedroom from bland to beautiful in no time!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CREATING A COHESIVE LOOK:
- Choose a paint color that will be the foundation for your design
- Stick to a limited color palette to create a cohesive look.
- Use furniture and accessories in different colors and textures to add visual interest.
- Don’t be afraid to mix different styles together. Just make sure everything blends well together
- Use mirrors and window treatments to add light and make the room feel brighter.
- Hang artwork or photos to personalize the space and give it your own unique touch.
ACCESSORIZING -ADDING THOSE FINISHING TOUCHES MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE
There are a number of ways to personalize your home and make it feel like “home.” One way is to add accessories. Here are some ideas for bedroom accessories that will add a pop of color and personality to your bedroom:
Accessories can be anything from paintings and photographs to sculptures and plants
There are a number of ways to personalize your home and make it feel more like a “home.” And to make it a much brighter space. One way is to add accessories. Here are some ideas for bedroom accessories that will add a pop of color and personality to your bedroom:
- Pictures or artwork: Add pictures or artwork that reflect your style and interests. (quick way to make thing much brighter and vibrant in your bedroom)
- Shelves or bookcases: Add shelves or bookcases to display books, mementos, or other items.
- Rugs or mats: Add rugs or mats to add color and pattern to your bedroom.
- Plants or flowers: Add plants or flowers to add a touch of nature to your bedroom.
- Lamps or light fixtures: Add lamps or light fixtures to create ambient lighting in your bedroom.
- Curtains or window treatments: Add curtains or window treatments to filter light and add privacy to your bedroom.
- TV stand or other media furniture: Add a TV stand or other media furniture to hold a TV, DVD player, or other electronics.
- Bedspread, comforter, or pillows: Add a bedspread, comforter, or pillows in colors and patterns that reflect your style.
So, what are you waiting for? Start decorating! It’s a great way to show off your personality and make your space feel like yours. And don’t be afraid to get creative there are no rules saying you have to match this that or do things a certain way.
Make your home unique and reflect who you are. If you’re not sure where to start, check out some of our favorite ideas for bedroom decorating. And make sure to have fun with it!
If you’re like me and have always wanted to give your bedroom a makeover but didn’t know where to start, don’t worry. There are plenty of resources and keep checking back I will continue to post tips and tricks on how to get your to a place of peace and tranquility no matter size, apartment or house.